For Sale

Unlike comic book artists, comic book writers have no original art or commissions to sell. What we do have are photocopies or printouts of many of the comic book scripts, series proposals, and book manuscripts that we've written. In my case, that includes stories for a wide range of characters, from Superman and Green Lantern to Archie Andrews and Scooby Doo...including some unpublished comic book scripts featuring Hawkman, Green Lantern, Supergirl, and Superboy. Please see a list of what is available, below.

I will happily personalize and autograph any script so please indicate how you would like me to sign.

I also have limited copies of comic books and books I have written or featuring stories I have written. These are also available personalized and autographed.

NEW ITEMS ARE ADDED ALL THE TIME!

Orders are placed by contacting me at pkupperberg@yahoo.com. Please include the items you want, the quantity, how you want them personalized and/or autographed, and your mailing address.

Shipping is $5.00 (USPS Priority Mail). I'll ship multiple items together, as long as they fit in a Priority Mail envelope. Payment is made through PayPal.

You can also find me, sans commercials, at And Then I Wrote....

All characters and titles are trademark and copyright by their respective owners. I do not sell any scripts before the stories have been published, except in the case of scripts that have been written off and will never see publication. These scripts are solely for entertainment and educational purposes. No rights to reproduce or publish this material in any manner, shape, or medium is attached to the sale and are not mine to grant.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

POWER GIRL Series Proposal, 1987

A glance behind-the-scenes of what it takes to sell a comic book series...in 1987! I had a long association with Supergirl in the days before Crisis on Infinite Earths. In the post-Crisis world Supergirl had been retconned out of continuity, leaving behind two unpublished scripts for a 'new direction' series, the first issue of which was penciled by Eduardo Barreto and lettered. Ditto, by the way, for a never-published last issue of The New Adventures of Superboy, and two scripts for his 'new direction,' the first of which was penciled by Carmine Infantino--both features were to appear in a 48-page monthly, DC Double Comics.

Alas, Crisis killed that dream...

So when it came time to give Power Girl her post-Crisis retcon, she was handed to me, partly because I was the girl-Superman-character writer (yknow, 'cause of Supergirl...honest!!), and partly because Power Girl creator Gerry Conway had conceived of using my magical character, Arion and Atlantis, to replace her Kryptonian origin. PG and I were together, sporadically, into the 1990s, when I was writing her feature in Justice League Quarterly. I also wrote a 1987/1988 Power Girl miniseries, the proposal for which still exists, and copies of which are now available. It's 5-densely packed pages of type, a cover sheet, plus the 3-page outline for the miniseries that ultimately came of the proposal, which includes a few of my hand-written notes, probably scribbled during discussions with editor Bob Greenberger.

POWER GIRL Series Proposal, 1987.............$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment